KNOW ABOUT YOUR PROCEDURE
These are the charter or Patients rights prepared by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
Click here to read the full charter of your rights:
These are a few things one should think about before coming in for a consultation or procedure.
- Once you know what you want to get done, read about the procedure.
- You can find information about the procedure on the net by doing a search on any of the popular search engines. Google, Yahoo, Alta Vista, etc being a few of them
- Read about all the options available for what you want to get done
- Search for possible complications with regards to the procedure. Educating your self about the options and the procedure will give you new insights into the procedure and will help you mentally prepare for them.
- Once you have received the all clear, procedure will take place in the Aesthetics Plus Day Centre, you will go home the same day.
- Come in for your followup appointment after a week and one month.
SO KEEPING ALL THESE IN MIND, JUST TO RECAPITULATE:
- Be clear about what you want.
- Vague requests get vague results, if at all anyone operates on them.
- Educate yourself about the procedure, who should do them, the various options and the possible complications.
- As far as the body is concerned “ Guarantees dont work !!!” Every thing has its limitations and one has to work within those limitations to achieve the best results.
- Know about the credentials of your doctor.
- Surgical procedures have to be done in properly equipped Operating theaters and not in some “ clinic”, with care regarding sterility and safety equipment.
- Please remember if a doctor is saying “NO “ to a procedure there must be a reason behind it. Ask him the reasons and trust his decisions. All doctors want to provide you with a good result and most will refuse a patient if they know what he or she expects is unrealistic.
- Always follow orders with regards to quitting smoking , cleaning the wound, wearing garments, taking medicines and taking rest.
- Remember you can rush yourself and the surgeon but you cannot rush your body to heal. It will take its own time.
- Trust your doctor ,be sure to keep in touch with him and inform him of any problems you might be facing, instead of going to another doctor who doesnt know what exactly was done.
Hence dont be afraid, go ahead, take the decision, but just make an educated decision which will be of a great help to you and to your doctor.