BREAST LIFT OR MASTOPEXY
Breasts have always been a sign of Femininity and the lack of breast volume is a major cause of concern for girls and women. Also sometimes there is an imbalance between the upper and lower body and hence the breasts appear smaller than they actually are.
Breast Lift Or Mastopexy is a surgical procedure to raise and reshape sagging breasts.
Several factors such as pregnancy, nursing, age and gravity take their toll on the breasts – the skin elasticity is lost, it may lose its sheen and smoothness, breast tissue volume decreases and the breasts do not retain their shape and firmness.
As a result of all these changes, some women may find their breasts have sagged, losing their previous fullness or shape.
This is called Breast Ptosis. It could be a True Ptosis where the breast gland has sagged down or it could be a Pseudo Ptosis which is more because of skin laxity.
Often many of these women don’t want a breast augmentation but would like the sagging breasts corrected. This is where Mastopexy Breast Lift has its role. But, if the volume of breast tissue lost is significant, breast implants can be inserted simultaneously along with a Breast Lift Surgery.
A common rule of thumb to know if one needs an augmentation plus lift or only a lift is , if a woman feels happy with the size of the breasts when wearing the bra she does not need an augmentation and only a lift will suffice. But, if she feels that the bra feels empty, then she is a candidate for an augmentation with a lift.
Prepare for your Breast Lift
- Make an initial consultation with your Surgeon. Discuss why you want the procedure done, Openly! We want to know why!
- Discuss any medications your taking with the surgeon.
- Discuss a procedure date and plan for work and holidays. Remember you need healing time of 3 months for complete healing.
- Book your procedure date
- Pay your deposit to book your date (IMPORTANT) because then we know your serious and we get booked out very fast!
- Have your blood tests done and sent to your clinic for the surgeon to check over
- If you are above 30yrs of age, you will require a screening Sono Mammogram before the surgery
- The night before you will most probably be fasting so relax and follow your surgeons instructions
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated before your fasting period
- Get a good night’s sleep don’t be worried. You chose us to look after you!
- Shower and make sure you get to the center with ample time so the surgeon can prepare you for your marking and procedure.
- Download print and fill the consent form (link) and bring it with you.
- smoke for about two weeks before and three weeks after the procedure
- Drink alcohol or caffeine at least 48 hours before
- Take any blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin or Advil.
- Be nervous you are in safe and experienced hands!
- Be involved in high impact exercises or activities.
- Arrive at the clinic on time
- Listen to staff instructions
- Stay relaxed
- Settle into your day care room and take before pictures for reference
- Practice breathing – to relax this will prepare you for your pain management
- The surgeon will discuss the target areas with you before taking you into the day care center. He/She will explain any restrictions if there may be.
- Areas for fat removal will be marked with a surgical marker pen.
- The admin staff will go over your consent form and you make the payments
What happens during the procedure
- You will be taken into a clean and sterile OT environment with sterilized instruments.
- The surgeon and his team will check your detail whilst in the OT before the procedure.
- The pain management team will provide you with pain relief according to the treatment plan and the procedure will start.
- Your procedure will take place and finish within the allotted time.
- You will be able to see your extracted fat and measure the amount collected
- You will be moved back to recovery and you will stay till you have recovered fully, eaten something and you are settled.
- The team will look after you till you are ready to leave in the evening
- The surgeon will check up on you.
- You will be given prescription medicines and instructions for your fast recovery.
- walk around and be active as soon as you can on the same day of the procedure
- drink lots of water and be hydrated
- take a shower after removal of the dressing after 4 days from the procedure or as advised.
- Skin care as advised to help the skin stretch and use of garments and bands as advised.
- Care of the suture line and nipples as advised.
- Come in for follow ups with your surgeon
- Use the creams and oils and meds as advised.
- Eat healthy
- be idle but don’t argue shout or fight.
- Drive first four days
- feel like you’ve had a big procedure and think you need ‘rest’
- drive or operate heavy machinery, lift heavy objects or strain within 2 days of your procedure
- smoke or drink alcohol
What happens next…
- Although breast lift is a lifestyle procedure it is still a surgical procedure so along with rest and rehydration its imperative that you allow your body to heal in its own time
- Filling effect is noticed immediately but full & final results are seen after 3-4 months as the skin stretches and the implants fall into place. But, the surgery is only the beginning you need to look after it just like anything else.
- the lift is noticed immediately but full & final results are seen after 3-4 months as tissues heal. So look after it just like anything else.
- Follow all after care procedures. Keep your implant guarantee card in a safe place
- After your complete healing period. We look forward to seeing you at your last check up, More body confident and happy!