WHAT IS ARM LIPOSUCTION?
Arm liposuction is a procedure designed to suck out fat from the arm via small 2mm cuts in the elbow.
The fat accumulation causes the skin to stretch and hang when the arms are extended giving the term” Jiggly Arms”
After Liposuction, once the weight is reduced, the skin shrinks and helps tone the arms too.
Why Arm Liposuction?
As we age and gain weight, there is accumulation of the fat in the arms as with other areas of the body.
In some patients, like the Saddle bags, this could be only are which is out of shape and makes them look out of shape too. So this is one of the poplular “Spot Reduction” procedures in Plastic Surgery
The arm fat can accumulate wither circumferentially or in some cases like in PCOD patients, it can accumulate in the deltoid regions and outer arms making the shouldrs look broader, which happens because of the increased testosterone in PCOD patients.
This makes the patients look “top heavy” and hence a contouring of the arms can help reduce this top heavy look.
Once the liposuction is done
1. It helps reduce the width of the upper body
2. Helps the arms look thinner
3. Helps the skin shrink as the “weight” of the fat is removed and hence the skin shrinks back over the next few weeks.
You will be required to wear a vest or a pressure garment to help the skin to shrink back and not allow the swelling to get too bad.
Talk to our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to know if you are a canditate for an Arm Liposuction and what you can expect for the same.
Prepare for your Arm Liposuction
- Make an initial consultation with your Surgeon. Discuss why you want the procedure done, Openly! We want to know why!
- Discuss any medications your taking with the surgeon.
- Discuss a procedure date and plan for work and holidays. Remember you need reshaping time of two –three months.
- Book your procedure date
- Pay your deposit to book your date (IMPORTANT) because then we know your serious and we get booked out very fast!
- Have your blood tests done and sent to your clinic for the surgeon to check over
- The night before you will most probably be fasting so relax and follow your surgeons instructions
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated before your fasting period
- Get a good night’s sleep don’t be worried. You chose us to look after you!
- Shower and make sure you get to the center with ample time so the surgeon can prepare you for your marking and procedure.
- Download print and fill the consent form (link) and bring it with you.
- smoke for about two weeks before and three weeks after the procedure
- Drink alcohol or caffeine at least 48 hours before
- Take any blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin or Advil.
- Be nervous you are in safe and experienced hands!
- Be involved in high impact exercises or activities.
- Arrive at the clinic on time
- Listen to staff instructions
- Stay relaxed
- Settle into your day care room and take before pictures for reference
- Practice breathing – to relax this will prepare you for your pain management
- The surgeon will discuss the target areas with you before taking you into the day care center. He/She will explain any restrictions if there may be.
- Areas for fat removal will be marked with a surgical marker pen.
- The admin staff will go over your consent form and you make the payments
What happens during the procedure
- You will be taken into a clean and sterile OT environment with sterilized instruments.
- The surgeon and his team will check your detail whilst in the OT before the procedure.
- The pain management team will provide you with pain relief according to the treatment plan and the procedure will start.
- Your procedure will take place and finish within the allotted time.
- You will be able to see your extracted fat and measure the amount collected
- You will be moved back to recovery and you will stay till you have recovered fully, eaten something and you are settled.
- The team will look after you till you are ready to leave in the evening
- The surgeon will check up on you.
- You will be given prescription medicines and instructions for your fast recovery.
- walk around and be active as soon as you can on the same day of the procedure
- drink lots of water and be hydrated
- take a shower after removal of the dressing after 4 days from the procedure or as advised.
- Care of the suture line as advised.
- Come in for follow ups with your surgeon
- Use the creams and oils and meds as advised.
- Eat healthy
- be idle but don’t argue shout or fight.
- Drive first two days
- feel like you’ve had a big procedure and think you need ‘rest’
- drive or operate heavy machinery, lift heavy objects or strain within 2 days of your procedure
- smoke or drink alcohol
What happens next…
- Although Arm Liposuction is a lifestyle procedure it is still a surgical procedure so along with rest and rehydration its imperative that you allow your body to heal in its own time
- the reduction in size noticed immediately but full & final results are seen after 3-4 months as tissues heal. So look after it just like anything else.
- Follow all after care procedures, you will be taught how to oil and massage the breasts to aid healing.
- After your complete healing period. We look forward to seeing you at your last check up, More body confident and happy!
Q: Why AestheticsPlus over other centres?
- Over 23 years of experience
- Qualified trained board certified surgeons
- Safety quality & comfort our primary concerns
Q: Is Arm Lift Safe?
- When done by qualified trained plastic surgeons chances of complications are minimized.
- Your pre op assessment and investigations are important to rule out any reasons for potential complications
- Our surgeon will explain what is possible and what is not. Please listen to them as they have your safety at the top of their minds.
Q: What are the chances of an Infection?
- When done properly there should be no reason for any major infections.
- Minor port site or suture line infections may occur sometimes which are usually treated by local treatments and settles down in a few days.
Q: How long does the procedure take?
- The procedure depending on the number of areas targeted, could be between 2-4 hours when done as a day care procedure.
- Larger volumes or Multiple areas are usually done in a hospital with overnight stay.
Q: Will it hurt?
- The procedure is done under regional anaesthesia most of the times. Sometimes general anaesthesia or sedation maybe given. Hence you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
- Post op, the pain is more like an ache as there are no major cuts.
- Wearing the pressure garment helps ease the pain caused because of the swelling.
- The first week we do give you medication for the pain and swelling
Q: Why is it expensive?
- We are not “expensive” in the true sense. We believe in offering quality services at affordable costs.
- Quality staff and quality equipment for your safety are our primary concerns and as we all know quality does come at some price.
- We do not compromise on what needs to be done. We keep the costs affordable by cutting out unnecessary expenditure.
- We have a no compromise policy on equipment, materials and staff.
Q: Why can other places do it cheaper?
- When done by qualified board certified surgeons and anaesthetists, using quality equipment with an emphasis on safety, there will be certain costs involved.
- We DO NOT compromise on what we would do. Quality and safety are topmost on our minds.
- WE DO NOT CUT CORNERS to save on money.
Q: What can I expect from Aesthetics Plus Clinics
- You can expect the highest quality of care
- Board certified doctors
- Caring compassionate staff
- Personalised care
- Good after care and follow ups.